Anxiety in Youth
What is Anxiety?
- All people experience anxiety from time to time, but some people feel it more often and more intensely than others
- Anxiety involves excessive or uncontrollable worry, stress or fear about daily objects, situations or events
- It can involve a worries or thoughts that you can't turn off, stress and body responses (like sweating or your heart racing) and actions (avoiding things that make you anxious)
- Anxiety is the most common mental health problem for youth and can have long-term consequences if left untreated (i.e., school performance, relationships, addictions)
Is Anxiety Treatable?
- Internet-based CBT is a new way for youth to receive CBT.
- Online delivery provides a solution for many youth who prefer convenience and want to try a treatment on their own.